Wednesday, August 21, 2013

JUDGEMENT

After 6 weeks, I finally put together my edit for the upcoming "Rip Curl Judgement 2013" online video contest. It was a collaborative effort between myself and my good friend Craig McCallion. 

Having being one of the 12 invites for this year, I was humbled and super eager to get this project underway. I immediately called Craig and asked if he would put it together. Luckily for me he agreed to it, and from that conversation we knew already what the concept would be. 

Given that we both live a busy life between home, work, riding, and everything else in between; we understood the challenge in finding the time to pull this off - especially with already summer in full bloom. With limited opportunities, I chose my filming sessions wisely and focused on getting the shots I wanted to showcase. 

Needless to say that I did keep things pretty simple, and that's just the way it is sometimes. Let's just say that the video probably won't be garnering a video of the year nomination anytime soon, but I think the emphasis I place on style and quality will speak for itself. 

The edit will be released on September 3rd  as part of the Rip Curl Judgement 2013 contest on www.sbcwakeboard.com

But there will be a special screening this Thursday, August 22, 2013 at the KEE TO BALA (Muskoka, ON). This will be the official kick off to the 2013 Canadian Wake Championships so don't miss it if you happen to be in the Muskoka area.



*** 

SPECIAL THANK YOU:

Craig McCallion
Justin Bonney
Kelly Mascioli
Kelly Othmer
Brandon
Eric Dionne (Top of the World)
Jeff McKee (Slingshot)
Nate Benson (Billabong)
Julien Derome
Babylon Nightclub

No comments:

Post a Comment