Saturday, August 13, 2011

the WILKER lives on!

My friend Jamie Veilleux snapped this pic at his lake in Hearst, Ont. The boat you see is where and how this all started. My mom purchased it in the summer of '99 in order for her boys to spend a little more time at the cottage. Well her planned worked like a charm! The very next summer, my brother Justin convinced me that we should buy a wakeboard, and well here we are today.

We traded this boat in two summers ago for a jetski simply for the sake of convenience and efficiency. The last time I saw the Wilker, was when we sold it and it was being trailered off never to be seen again...until now. This boat represents a very special time in my life, and it's fucking awesome to see it again in the water especially with all our stickers still in tack! Many good times were had in that boat, good to see you again Miss Wilker...thanks for the memories.
Original TEAM WILKER members:
Antoine Vezina
Justin Bonney
Johny Bonney
Kyle Othmer
Co Gougeon
L.B.

1 comment:

  1. Hi I'm the new owner of this boat. I bought the boat in june 2011, I converted him for a disabled person, so I can drvie directly from my wheelchair. the boat run great! had plenty of fun with it!! and looking foward on the upcoming summer. I'm planning to put a wrap kit, full audio system, fish finder and interior upgrade, I"ll be glad to update you on the changes.

    ReplyDelete