Monday, May 17, 2010

Phillies Retrospect 4.0

ANOTHER year, and another trip to the Phillies is just about done.  Actually it is over, I'm writing to you from Tokyo right now.  
Each visit to the CWC has always comes with a different experience, and purpose.  Last year's mission was getting footage for my part in Craig McCallion's movie Legit; while the year before's headline was partying it up in Cabana 44, and me jumping into some shallow water, and breaking my ankle.  Anyways, this year's trip was all about living the dream, and living it to the fullest. While we may have been forced to cancel our plans for Thailand; chilling with Byerly, swimming with whale sharks, having the opportunity to film early mornings alone on the cable, and hitting up the system 2.0 staircase setup have all made this year's trip one that is pretty hard to beat.  
The weather was absolutely phenomenal; I mean, we honestly had 31 days of pure sunshine!  Soooo HOT!  And as always, the food was great: simple and cheap.  While my riding may not had been as hot as I would of liked, it was still good all in all.  Needless to say that I was nursing a sore knee, and a strained hip flexor which had set me back about a week.  Luckily tho it wasn't anything too serious, and we still managed to get some decent footage. 
Finally, I would just like to finish by saying THANK YOU to the people of the Philippines.  Never have I met such genuine, and selfless people.  May their way of life serve as an example to us all through their great deal of patience, sense of community, and pure content for everyday life.  These people have nothing, but yet they seem to have it all.  Hopefully I will have taken some of that great spirit with me, and appreciate just how easy I have it.  


Thanks to everyone for keeping up with the blog...and stay tuned as we still have a whole summer ahead of us, looking forward to it.  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment