Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Capitalize: THE DOCUMENTARY


Capitalize: The Documentary from Craig McCallion on Vimeo.
Last year I was fortunate to be invited to MC a local rail jam hosted by friend Craig McCallion. I had obviously heard about Capitalize at the Clocktower before and attended in years past, but it was the first year that I would be participating. 

I can remember showing up to do my thing and was completely taken aback by the size of the setup and how well everything was put together. All the final details were coming together at this point and the Half Cab crew resemble a little army of ants bustling around making sure of it. Before I knew it, the mic was given to me and away we went, Capitalize 7 would go down in the books as the best one yet. The riding was absolutely amazing; it was big, it had style, and shit got technical! 

In watching Capitalize: The Documentary, not only was I able to relive last year's experience but it also helped paint the bigger picture for me. Like I said, when I showed up last year I had no idea what I had walked into. As the night progressed, I couldn't believe the amount of work, dedication, and seamless teamwork demonstrated by the Half Cab crew as a whole. It worked like a well-oiled machine that just kept going and going. By the end of it, I had to ask Craig: "how the fuck do you do it?". And his answer was simply "I don't know, we just do." (Although, the after-party debauchery that followed at Babylon provided more answers than Craig would readily admit)...

Nevertheless, this documentary goes a long way in telling the story of how something very small and humble can come to take on a life of its own. Any person with a brain and a heart should watch this video to appreciate what can be gained from love and the unbreakable spirit of fraternity.

All I can say now is that I'm very excited for what's next. THIS SATURDAY IS THE NEXT CHAPTER, CAPITALIZE 8 - SAME PLACE SAME TIME. SEE YOU ALL THERE!! CH-CH-CHYEAH!!




No comments:

Post a Comment