Friday, May 27, 2011

The FISE dream.

Ever since my first faithful encounter with Raynald Tanny (editor of Unleashed Wake Magazine) in the Philippines at the CWC three years ago, a whole new world opened up to me. Never before did I hear of a French contest named "FISE" in Montpellier, France. Shit, did I feel stupid. But how could you blame me? I'm just a Canadian subject to the bias of North American propaganda telling you that nothing interesting happens beyond our continent in the sport of wakeboarding. 

Fortunately those times are over, and North America can no longer ignore the amazing international wakeboarding scene that exists beyond our borders. I feel somewhat privileged to be a part of that trend when four years ago, my bro and I were the first Canadians to visit the CWC. I remember talking to Raynald about some solid Canadian talent (namely the Derome brothers, and Yan Tibo) who now you can easily find gracing the inner pages of Unleashed Wake Magazine and attending all the sickest contests Europe has to offer...which brings me to my next point.

Next week from May 30-June 5, 2011 in Montpellier, France, FISE is set to go down yet again as one of Europe's biggest extreme sports festivals. Our very own Raph Derome will be looking to defend his title, and it doesn't look like it will be easy with kids like Nico Von Lechenfeld, and Kevin Henshaw stepping up their game as of late. The 2011 setup promises to be the best ever, and all made possible by the magic of a System 2.0....check it out!
(photos courtesy of Unleashed, course design by Hugo Charbit)

MAKE SURE NOT TO MISS A BEAT, FOLLOW ALL THE ACTION VIA LIVE WEBCAST AT  WWW.FISE.FR!!

No comments:

Post a Comment